UVS-11 : UV STERILIZER
- 115 Volt, 60 Hz
- PL type UV lamp (g23)
- High quality quartz sleeve
- Safe for Inhabitant
- Kills algae, parasites, harmful bacteria
- 10 feet power cable
- Elliptical lens to check the UV lamp status
- Ideal for saltwater, freshwater, pond
Important to know
- When the quartz sleeve gets dirty with any sludge build up, it
must be kept clean to maximize the efficiency of UV light.
- In case of controlling parasites, prolong the exposure time of water
to the UV light. It can be accomplished by lowering flow rate of
- UV sterilizer would be connected to a suitable filter device to trap
any suspended particles that can be attached on the quartz sleeve.
- Replace an UV bulb when lamp effectiveness declines with time.
It is recommended to replace UV bulb (lamp) every 6 months.
- This UV sterilizer can be used for saltwater, freshwater aquarium
- Maximum aquarium size is calculated by UV dosage that kills
free-floating algae and bacteria at 30,000 pw/cm2 and tank turn over
of 3 to 4 times per hour.
- Maximum pond size is calculated by UV dosage that can algae blooms
and / or kill all the algae but not all the parasites in the pond.
|Volts / Hz
||115 volt / 60 Hz
|UV bulb type
||G23 PL type
|Adapter size, inlet, outlet
||5/8", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4"
|Max. Aquarium size
|Max. Pond size
|Flow rate (GPH)
||Algae & bacteria
||225 - 300 GPH
||75 - 100 GPH
||500 - 600 GPH
||700 - 900 GPH
|UV housing (Ø)
||3 1/8" Ø
Attach the UV lamp according to the steps listed in
"Product maintenance and Lamp replacement"
Place the "O" ring on the inlet / outlet and
screw on the two screws on the water inlet / outlet tightly (FIG A)
Connect plastic tube to the water inlet / outlet
tightly. The tube with an inner diameter 1" or 1.25"
is suitable to be connected. Please ensure the tube is connected
If you choose method #1 or #2 ( Horizontal or
vertical (hook positioned upward)): you must screw two holders
to the place where you mount the unit. Ensure the distance
between the two holders is correct (A=109mm : means the restrictive
distance is 109 mm between two holders).
If you choose method #3 (hung by a rope):
The rope choose should be strong enough to stand.
Make for sure all spare parts are properly attached in
place before power on.
& Lamp Replacement
Cleaning: Power off before open the unit.
Disconnect the plastic tubing from the unit and pour out the water
inside the unit. Undo all the screws on water inlet /outlet.
Undo the plastic screw between ballast and unit
then open the cage. Take out the lamp sector and quartz tube
step by step (refer to FIG C) and clean the quartz tube an inner
surface of the product by a soft sponge or cloth.
If the lamp does not replacing, the unit can be
assembled to its original state. For safety consideration, make
sure all parts are properly placed to its original position.
Remember to make sure that any "O" rings are placed back to
the unit when putting the unit back (FIG A & E)
inserting the UV lamp into the quartz tube, the protective switch handle
(see FIG F) should be placed into the quartz tube so to avoid any damage
to the switch. The switch will automatically switch off the power if
the user tries to dismantle the UV lamp while it is still working.
Lamp replacement (see FIG D): Take out the old UV lamp
and replace new UV lamp.
Assemble the unit back to its original state after
replacing the lamp . Make sure that the seall ring and any
"O" rings are properly placed back. (see FIG E)
- UV clarifier brings ultraviolet radiation when it is working which
is harmful to the human eyes and skin, avoid eye contact and skin
contact with the UV light at all times. Please power off before
opening up the unit.
- The working status of the UV lamp can be observed from a small
elliptical white lens on the unit. The lens from the unit is
normally brighter at the start of using the unit but after running for
some times the light from the lens may become a little bit
dimmer. This is due to the fact that some dirt has got into the
unit and has blocked the lens. The efficiency of the product
will not be affected by the dirt on the lens.
- When an "acute collision" or "a drop of the
unit" happens, please check the unit. If there is any crack
on the quartz tube and UV lamp, you must replace the broken parts
before using the unit again.
- Make sure that your electrical voltage is compatible with voltage
printed on the UV Sterilizer label.
- Always use a properly grounded electrical outlet.
- Do not install and operate UV sterilizer where it can be exposed to
extreme weather conditions or temperature below freezing.
- Always unplug the UV sterilizer from the electrical outlet when not
in use before replacing or cleaning parts.
||UV LAMP, 11 WATT
||G23 PL TYPE
||UV LAMP, 18 WATT
||G12 PL TYPE
||Water outlet / inlet
||5/8", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4"
||Water outlet /inlet screw
||"O" ring for quartz tube
||Outlet "O" ring
||Holder, 2 sets